1. Do you have a favorite saint, and what drew you to him/her?I didn't grow up with the tradition of saints but I think there are so many inspiring ones and their stories are amazing. I have a stained glass of St. Cecelia (patron saint of music) in my piano studio, so I suppose I would pick her.
2. I think every Liebster questionnaire includes a question like this; but I'm crazy about books, so I just have to know: do you have a best-loved book that you've read multiple times? (And will you probably read it again?) Or do you always just read a book once and pass it on to others?
I have many best-loved books but I'm not really a re-reader. I feel like there's always another book I want to read and never enough time to get to them all! But I do think that I will someday re-read these favorites that made such an impression on me: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and East of Eden by John Steinbeck.
3. What is your family's Christmas Eve tradition?
Growing up, our Christmas Eve tradition was eating fish stew and salad and crusty baguettes for dinner, going to church, then coming home and listening to A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and A Child's Christmas in Wales by Dylan Thomas (both on audio tape) by candlelight. And eating Christmas cookies, of course.
And my husband and I are still working on our Christmas traditions! Church and good food will always be involved, that's for sure.
4. When you dress up in heels, do you wear panty hose/tights, or do you go bare-legged?
Usually I'd go bare-legged (that sounds so scandalous!). But in the wintertime I love wearing cozy knit tights with tall boots or heels when I get dressed up.
5. How did you and your husband meet? (And if you're not married, what's the most important quality you're looking for in a spouse?)
We met my freshman year at Notre Dame. He was a senior and it was my very first weekend of college. I've always felt so blessed that I met my husband at age 18 and that God didn't make me wait long for him.
6. What's your go-to prayer in times of distress?
The Lord's Prayer, or this verse from Exodus: "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."
7. Where is the one place in the world you would visit if you could?
8. How many siblings do you have?
Two incredible brothers whom I love very much. And now I also have three amazing sisters-in-law! And also two brothers-in-law. It's so fun that when you get married your family grows.
9. Are you a worrier? (I'm worried you'll think that's a weird question.)
Yes. Just type "worry" into the search bar on my blog and you'll see proof.
10. What, if any, sport do you enjoy watching the most?
I grew up following Syracuse University basketball but in college it became football. These days I don't watch too many sports (we don't have a TV) but I think my favorite thing to watch is my mama playing tennis!
That was fun! Thanks for letting me share.